Croxton School Council consists of:
- Bev Fegan (Principal)
- Susan Nippard (President)
- Cass Plowman (Vice President)
- Domenica Inella (Treasurer)
- Sophia McCown (Minute Secretary)
- Melanie Regan
- Heather Renton
- Rina Afflitto
- John Candusso
- Michael Sertori
- Karen Lamb
- Lincoln Stratling (Community Representative)
The following documents provide an overview of school council roles and processes.
Improving School Governance - a training package for school councilsImproving School Governance, a training package for school councils, has been developed to improve the knowledge, understanding and skills of school council members, school council presidents and school principals.The package consists of five modules: Governance, President, Strategic Planning, Finance and Policy and Review. The following participant handbooks are part of the package:
- Governance (pdf - 6.2mb)
- President (pdf - 767.82kb)
- Strategic Planning (pdf - 3.66mb)
- Finance (pdf - 2.06mb)
- Policy and Review (pdf - 1.72mb)
School councillors can attend training offered statewide. The training uses the Improving School Governance package and is at no cost to schools.Schools or school councillors can contact the training providers below to register interest in training:
Online trainingThe above modules are also accessible as online training. Participants can complete the modules at their own pace, in any order and are able to return to each module as many times as necessary. To access the online training, see: Improving School Governance
Ministerial ordersIt is important that school councillors understand the key features of the legislation because it affects all aspects of their work.The school council operates under a legislative framework within the Victorian government school system.
- All school councils operate under the Education and Training Reform Act 2006.
- Each school council is established by an Order of the Minister for Education.
- Schools councils are also regulated by the Education and Training Reform Regulations 2007.
School Governance Support Materials
School Council Skills and Expertise GuideThe School Council Skills and Expertise Guide outlines the desired skills and expertise required for effective school governance. It is designed to be used by school councils to identify the skills and expertise that can support school council operations and effective governance, see: School Council Skills and Expertise Guide (docx - 14.56mb)